Wednesday, June 5

Day 5

Day #5: The story of your life in 250 words or less

Nothing like 250 words to share 23 years of life. I am struck by how impossible it is to really capture the perfect and not so perfect little moments in my lifetime that have formed me and brought me to today. The good moments and the not-so-great moments that rock you to your core. I am thankful that I have the most grace-filled parents God could have given me and a family that embraces the messiness of life because really when you live with 8+ people and personalities there just isn't another option. I love the close friends that have become family that I have made over the years - and especially that my story + Adam's are soon going to get to start in a new way together. 

Each day I wake up adds to my story. Each person I meet adds to my story. Each time God shows me a new way that He loves me adds to my story. Each time that I am reminded that my story is not really mine, it's God's - I am humbled and thankful for the blessing to live His story out each day.

The obvious place to start I suppose would be birthday - June 3 - My parents were in the middle of a dinner party with some of their close friends when I decided I was ready to come into the world! Here is my Godmother, myself, and my Mom at a bridal shower recently - Ms. Lynn was right there with my Mom as she was realizing that she was in labor. :) I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for all the prayers My parents & godparents pray on my behalf. Seriously. 

Best parents in the world [I'm only partially biased]


The story of my life from that day [my birthday], grew to include the addition of 5 younger brothers - Isaac, Luke, Peter, Tommy, and Jacob. There is no casual way to mention to people who have just met me that I have all brothers [and 5 of them at that] - but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love all my brothers so much and being the only girl is not all bad, more perks than anything else! At one point I did have sign on my bedroom door advertising that I had brothers to sell, but have since out grown that phase :)
The early years - clearly I had awesome taste in pajamas!

Life growing up included lots of adventures with these boys - Mom was never a big fan of the words "I'm bored" being spoken so I usually took it upon myself to come up with something for Isaac, Luke & I to do...we had an awesome backyard that in mind my was huge [no idea if it really was or not, but from a kid-sized perspective our backyard was endless]. Thankfully, I could also usually persuade the boys to join in whatever adventure I had come up with for the day. 

Yup - love these man-boys :)

As the oldest kid in my family I got to really blaze a trail for how parenting would shift with the addition of a teenager to the family. One way or the other my parents, brothers, and I all survived teenage Kyla and I headed off to college.

[So at this point, I'm over 250 words - wahhhh. Read on at your own risk haha]

College brought a whole set of new adventures, both during the school year and in the summers when I  had the opportunity to work for a Summer Camp one summer and a Mission-trip organization during the rest of my summers in college. Add in some world travels [Argentina & Japan], getting engaged to Adam, and starting an internship and you will have covered some of the bigger life-changing headlines from the last 5 years of life...Now I am graduated from college and 58 days away from marrying my best friend in the world. 
Love.

What this breeze through of my life doesn't include are the countless stories, adventures, and life lessons that have happened up to this point - what I do hope that has come through is that God has continued to work through others to love to me and through me to love others - as best as anyone can this side of heaven. My prayer is that I never lose the wonder of what it is to be blessed to wake-up every day and do life.

No comments:

Post a Comment