Tuesday, June 4

Day 4

Day #4: Your favorite photograph with a friend & why


Ahhhh. 1.5 hours left of today, and I literally almost forgot about this challenge. That kind of thing is basically a huge part of why I am doing this challenge in the first place, to regain a little bit of the beauty that is self-reflection - even on the craziest of days. Like I said a few posts ago, Vacation Bible School at work started on Monday of this week so this week is a little manic to say the least.

Ok - enough excuses, the point really is that I am here and have a topic to tackle :)

Similar to sharing a quote yesterday, sharing a favorite photograph with a friend also meant a fair amount of decision making for which photograph to share. In the end I actually realized that it is not ONE photograph that to share, but a special series of photographs that are favorite with friends & special to me.

Once upon a time, there were 3 college freshman who [through a series of events & living in the same dorm building] became best of friends. Hint: Adam, Kevin, & I.

Adam and Kevin lived on the same floor, and I lived upstairs in the same building. By the time freshman year was coming to a close we were all nearly inseparable. The last day of that college year came to an end and we all helped each other move out of our respective dorms. For whatever reason we ended up taking a group picture all together before we went our separate ways for the summer.

True life: I literally started crying somewhat hysterically the second my Mom & I pulled out of my dorm parking lot that day, knowing that it would be a whole summer ahead of me, minus two of my new greatest friends. I know, what a girl. Judge away, but I'm just telling it like it was!

From that move-out day on, I have always requested that we take an end-of-the-year picture of the 3 of us. Adam & Kevin have always [mostly happily] cooperated - and the result is a series of pictures that literally mean the world to me. It's so fun to see how little & young we were our freshman year & how far we have come! Each picture reminds me of the many ups & downs our lives faced for that given year - and how most importantly - we still came out together at the end.

To some this whole thing may be sappy, but to me, these are favorite pictures, with friends, one who is soon to be my husband [59 days!!!!] - why? Because these pictures represent a whole series of priceless memories. The following is the progression of pictures - there are 2 from the end of this "school" year - one with Adam & I in our cap and gowns - for the very last picture we went back to the front our our freshman year dorm building to re-create the picture from that year :) 


End of Freshman Year


End of Sophomore Year


End of Junior Year


End of Senior Year


End of Internship Year


Full Circle: Re-creation of our Freshman year photo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment