Sunday, June 16

Day 16

Day #16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it


Hmmm, where to begin with this challenge? Okay, well my initial reaction to the phrase "lot in life" from the prompt today is that it sounds really negative. Statistically my "lot in life" is pretty average - as I sit here typing with a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, friends, family...etc. Nothing horribly difficult about any of that to overcome.

What I have reflected on today though is that my current stage of life [20s/young adulthood] comes with a few difficulties. This weekend actually with my friend Paige, the topic of how much excitement/awkward/transition/change/uncertainty/newness is going on in our lives and the lives of our peer group constantly is almost overwhelming! Adapting to life post-high school, and now for me, post-college is just different. Not bad, mostly great + awesome, but different.

So to get at something that is difficult right now for me...currently I am mostly overwhelmed at officially starting to pack up my apartment here in St. Louis this week. I am BEYOND excited that packing means one step closer to moving and marrying my best friend in the world, but packing seems like a monumental task nonetheless. Not to mention mentally/emotionally preparing to leave the community I have worked + shared life in for the past year, looking forward to building new relationships together with Adam in our new community, oh yeah and constantly being consumed with wedding excitement...yup - all of that will somehow get tied into my packing process. AKA I am preparing myself for the emotional experience of all the changes connected into why I am packing in the first place. Yay for having girl-brain right ladies?!

How am I going to overcome this? Well, I have a wedding dress fitting on Tuesday this week, so I figured that will give me a little extra encouragement in my week + I will be counting on running + blogging to help with processing and stress relief. That's at least my initial game plan, we shall see how it turns out!

This sign also describes a viable addition to my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment