Saturday, June 1

Day 1

Woah, hello month of June! June is currently the first month of this 2013 year that has really caught me by surprise. Every other month I have been just waiting for to get here, but June has just seemingly sprung up out of the blue. Don't know if any of you are feeling that way - but I definitely am.

My surprise of June's arrival may be in part a result of my own personal lack of reflection time lately. I feel that I have been letting little and big daily moments alike, just pass by without much of a second thought. I don't really have a reason or excuse for why, but that is what has been going on.

So here is my latest idea...As I approach over 2 years now of being a small part of the world of blogging, I also realize that my time and energy spent sharing and processing life via my blog has changed, grown, surged, and now even dwindled...

Recently, I was reading another blog I follow and the author had dutifully spent all of May committed to blogging once a day. Part of her rationale for this happening was that she was feeling trapped in a slump. The less she blogged the more pressure she felt for each post to be brilliant, perfect, and all together intriguing. To un-slump and refocus she challenged herself and her readers to blog every day in May. Blogging every day means that perfect can't be an option. It means taking an idea and just writing to write.

These thoughts from a blogger made a lot of sense. I enjoy writing, and feel that I have lost some of the joy of writing to write, and writing to share about the little joys of daily life. So in an altogether [possibly] ridiculous attempt at reclaiming that joy, I have decided to take on my own blogging adventure - 30 in 30 - 30 posts this month is my goal. Clearly since it is almost the end of the 1st day and I am just now posting - I am off to a great start...ha!

 After hunting around on google for other bloggers who have done similar things here is the list of the 30 posts I'm planning to tackle.



It might not be pretty, it may [hopefully] even be humorous, but mostly - I hope to be encouraged and to encourage all of you out there to embrace all the ups and downs of whatever these next 30 days hold...

So here we go!

Day #1 - A photo of yourself & a description of your day


So today can basically be summed up by 3 events :

#1. Me reading
#2. Me braving Target on a weekend
#3. Celebrating the upcoming wedding of 2 friends at an engagement party

On Monday of this upcoming week will begin Vacation Bible School (VBS) at work - so today my main plan was to have a pretty low key day in preparation for the business of my upcoming week. I am thankful to say that was pretty much what I accomplished. I started reading a new book yesterday - Inferno: A Novel by Dan Brown and since starting it have been totally engulfed in the story. 

As today progressed I had to peel myself away from reading for the sake of accomplishing laundry, dishes, taking a shower, and going to Target. (blah, blah, blah.) I had grand plans of selecting an assortment of presents/cards for upcoming family birthdays & today's engagement party - however after spending 30 minutes in the card aisles alone, I was lucky that I made it out with an engagement present! (Side bar: SO many people at Target & Why are cards so expensive these days?!)

Following Target, was my attempt to get my engagement present purchases into a gift bag - I thought I had a gift bag that was the right size at home (I was wrong) - so I improvised with an American Eagle bag I had on hand that was the perfect size, it's the inside that counts right?!

All of this bring us to #3. on my list of today's events - the engagement party - as a fellow engaged person, I  totally appreciate opportunities to celebrate :) Yesterday was stormy/tornado weather here, which was supposed to continue today - however, it did not - which meant that a really enjoyable time was had by all indoors AND outdoors at the party. Played a lawn game called washers  - with friends from church, and I will add my team won both games - so all in all a pretty successful afternoon :)

Since getting home I have gotten sucked back into reading my book - realized a little bit ago that I had planned to start my blog challenge today...really didn't want to stop reading...but thought that starting a 30 day challenge a day late wouldn't be the best way to start...Now that this post is finished, back to reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment