Sunday, June 23

Day 23

Day #23: Share what you've learned that school won't teach you

For what its worth - I had to dig this picture out for today's post, since I'm sure I make a face like this when I attempt to give advice. Adam also usually responds to my advice with a similar face to the one he is making in this picture. One guess what I did today? Yup, you're right. Packing. I also went to church, but then after a nap & it was back to planning and packing. As I write this we have quite the thunderstorm going on here. I really LOVE the sound of storms. Actually, it seems like there has been a storm almost every night of this weekend now that I think about it. Interesting. Well anyways - here's a short list of some things I've learned. What would you add? :)


I've learned that you should...

  • Call your mom everyday, it's good for both of you
  • Fold & put away your laundry the second it's dry, otherwise it will sit in a pile somewhere in your house for at least a week
  • Make time to listen to people & have genuine conversations
  • Be honest. Lying never gets you as far as you think it will.
  • Read books. I don't even care what kind, just read what you like to read
  • Always go the extra mile, whatever that looks like.
  • Not showering won't kill you
  • Find something you like learning more about & seek it out
  • Hug everyone you are close to as often as possible.
  • Tell people how you feel about them, especially what you love & value about them
  • Ask the hard questions of others & more importantly yourself
  • Don't stop connecting with friends, no matter how far away they do or don't live.
  • Relationships matter! Work to make them count.
  • Be outside whenever possible


No comments:

Post a Comment