Thursday, January 1

Welcome.

New Year's Eve is one of my favorite nights of the year, mainly because of the fireworks & the excitement of what the fresh start of a new year holds but the champagne toast & midnight kiss aren't too bad either.

This year we rang in 2015 with Adam's parents, which after getting up at 3am that same day to drive 12 hours from his sister's house back  in time for church, the fact that we all were still awake at midnight to celebrate was an impressive feat!

As many friends on social media have been posting all the best moments from this past year and of course things they are resolving to do differently, I considered what I would include on our list and I just kept coming back to all of the people we get to share life with each day. In 2014 we got to minister to our church communities, share life with friends and see all of our family. For 2015 I am excited for more of the same. It may sound cheesy or overly simple but it's true. Whoever your people are, I hope that you focus on how great it is to get to spend any part of a year with them. 

Romans 15:13 is one of my favorite Bible verses and I think it is so appropriate to consider as a new year starts. It says: 

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

Whatever each day of this year brings, that's my prayer. That we all would be overflowing with hope, joy, and peace that can only come through God. So enjoy your people, love God. I think we can do that right?! :)

Happy 2015 everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment