Tuesday, January 13

A girl at a bar.

Each month, on the first Tuesday night I can be found sitting {usually} by myself at a restaurant. Now with no context this might sound like an odd way for me to spend my time but there is purpose to it. My church offers a monthly Bible study for young adults. Each month the topic changes, the restaurant changes, and usually the people change too.

I have led this Bible study for the past year and each month I have a period of time where it's just me, sitting at a table by myself in a restaurant full of people anticipating the arrival of my group. Adam comes when his own work schedule allows which drastically changes the dynamic of those initial moments of waiting. 

I am an extrovert by nature so I love being around people but I'm also not afraid of being alone...it's just kind of weird. When it's just me sitting on my own on these first Tuesdays, I find myself wondering more what others are thinking about me which is fairly self-centered to be honest. It's not very likely that the entire restaurant or bar is analyzing my aloneness, but it's sure easy to think that. 


I also find myself wondering if people will come? Am I prepared for the study? What else would/could I be doing if I wasn't here? Is this what it's like to go on a blind date and get there first?

Silly questions really, but it's always interesting to me where my mind wanders in those alone & waiting moments. Last Tuesday night was one of those alone kind of Tuesdays. The cool thing is that after those few moments of waiting and being alone it turned into a night full of good conversation & good food. We discussed an article on what it meant to simply our life from a spiritual standpoint and looked at what the Bible had to say. Check the article out for yourself if you like: Simple Spirituality


It's on night's like these where I get such a tangible reminder of how God is working in my life {and yours!} constantly. For as necessary as times of waiting and listening and being alone are, they are followed with times of community and purpose and faith-growth and it is through those moments or seasons where things might feel a little awkward that we get to better appreciate what the next day holds. God is good.





3 comments:

  1. hey, i like your article specially your writing style keep it up i read your your all work.Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows.best telegram groups || dirty pick up lines || whatsapp group names for family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well. life status in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well explained and informative blog click here for
    Counselling Center in Meerut dial on our counselling number 070654 17417 to get counselling appointment

    ReplyDelete