Monday, January 27

Winter days recently.


So we are STILL struggling to not be sick here - I seem to have recovered but unfortunately Adam is not quite back to full health yet. Since I have been on the upswing with how I'm feeling, I have been working to recover 'normal' life for us. It's a funny thing that when 100% of the people living in an apartment don't feel good, 100% of the dishes do not do themselves! We have a dishwasher so really there is not a huge excuse for the giant dish pile that accrued in our house while we were both sick other than: we were sick + no one wanted to deal with them. See proof below. (Bet you did not think you were going to see our dirty dishes when you started reading this, ha!)



I share these pictures with all of you for a couple of reasons. 

(1) I'm challenging myself to be more transparent this year with blogging. A LOT of life changing and exciting things happened in our lives last year which is mainly what I blogged about because graduating from college, getting married, and running your first marathon are exciting things. They were also real parts of our lives last year. BUT blogging about just exciting things is not a realistic view into life all of the time. 

(2) To challenge myself to blog more transparently by default means I work to blog more often. This is simple, the longer time elapsed between posts last year the easier is was to highlight all positives. 

(3) Everyone has dirty dishes that pile up, we are not exempt from this. 

(4) I am thankful that even though being sick together is not fun, we can still laugh at ourselves + our messy kitchen + messy everything else. 

This weekend we did a chance to have some downtime, which is I think what helped me get to the end of being sick. One of my favorite things to do is have a laid back Saturday morning. Adam usually makes breakfast for us (let's face it I always LOVE breakfast time) and we get to just be. This weekend was waffles, YUM.



Now that today is a Monday all over again, I am looking forward to NOT going outside as much as possible this week, since we will again be experiencing 'polar vortex' weather conditions. I am also looking forward to a week of better sleep since I can breath normally again :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment