Monday, January 13

It's Monday, but it's ok!


As I sat down to write this post I actually had to think about what day of the week today is/was. Celebrating Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years, having family visit, visiting family and starting 2014 with a plethora [fun word points] of snow days - it became far too easy to not keep track of days!

I'm currently waiting for pork chops to finish thawing so I can hopefully have dinner ready before Adam gets home from basketball practice with him team. Trying a new recipe tonight :: Stuffed Pork Chops :: I like trying new recipes because I have a lower expectation for how they turn out since I have no other attempts to compare them to, ha! 

We are just starting to get back into some kind of 'normal' routine around here. Last week I started a new job as the DCE at a church in Green Bay. [Side bar: this job was a God thing. This church's Senior pastor and DCE both left at the end of the year for various reasons. While the church is trying to figure out how they want to move forward in ministry & staffing I will be filling in at the youth director - which works out for everyone, I have a job, the church has someone to work with their youth, blessed all around] Adam & I are currently a one car family so with my job starting, last week meant figuring our schedules out to make sure we were both where we needed to be when we needed to be there. I am thankful that my husband and I make a good team.



Even with a busy week [dentist appointments and all] we found some down time. We started watching a new [to us] TV show "The Following" - the first season is on Netflix and was excellent. the second season starts later this month, so it looks like we became fans just in time!

We were excited to watch the Colts play over the weekend, which was less exciting when we got to watch them lose. Oh well, there is always next year I suppose. What I loved best about watching the game Saturday night was that before the game started we both agreed that neither one of us felt like cooking a big meal for dinner BUT we were both hungry [we had been at Zion all day for basketball games]. This decision meant we ran out to the grocery store to pick up pizza, wings, ingredients for a cheese dip, and chips and called it a night. I love & appreciate that Adam is my best friend and that sometimes 'I love you' means: let's eat pizza and watch football together until we fall asleep.

So, last night as part of an effort to return to normal, non-holiday living, I worked diligently to de-Christmas our apartment. Thankfully the Golden Globes were on to keep me company. I wish that taking down decorations was as satisfying as put them up, but it just is not. Also, our apartment looked like a Christmas bomb went off while I was trying to figure out how to pack everything up.

Thanks Mom for the handy ornament storage...thing!
Christmas bomb.
Not thrilled to be taking Christmas decorations down.



Last bonus of normal life returning, we got to squeeze in a walk last night. This is a big deal because it has been CRAZY cold here, like -40 kind of cold, so with the temperature being a 'toasty' 38 last night we bundled up for a chance to get outside. I should add, our walk was a little more like ice skating since we quickly found out that most of the sidewalks in our neighborhood were quite slick :)



No comments:

Post a Comment