Wednesday, January 29

Tuesday life.


This is exactly what I look and feel like trying to get dressed every day lately.
I shared on Monday that I was looking forward to staying inside this week because of the ridiculous weather conditions coming our way.  As I am writing this post it is currently 2 degrees outside + feels like -21 degree out. Yesterday the temperature was between 0 and -4 all day, again feeling like -20 or colder. WHAT?! Schools in this area had to cancel because of the extreme cold temperatures. For the sake of accuracy for this post is the first time I have truly looked up the weather in weeks. If you don't know this about me - I am not a fan of cold weather, at all. My latest weather philosophy is that I just don't look at the weather because (1) I already know the forecast will be far colder than I would like (2) I don't need to know how cold it is because it also is guaranteed to be cold enough out to hurt. Sigh


On a happier note, one of my best friends sent me the best scarf for Christmas!! (Of course I love scarves in general) this scarf however is (1) soft (2) really warm (3) thick (4) cozy (5) some of my favorite colors and all around almost magical. Lately with how cold it has been I wear this scarf every chance I get. I am thankful that I have friends who are concerned about me surviving this wintery weather. This may seem like a lot of gushing about a scarf - but for someone who lives far away from most of her best friends, their thoughtfulness always makes my day. It's the little things right?! :)


In health news around here, Adam is still not totally recovered but not getting any worse. We braved the weather last night for a chance to meet up with a friend for dinner in Green Bay. I like trying new restaurants out and our friend recommend that we go to a place called "White Dog Black Cat Cafe" to eat. Definitely a local place. It is one of those restaurants where all of the furniture is mismatched and there are lots of different paint colors on the walls, local art, and because of the name giant paintings of cats and dogs. Adam is not a huge fan of the mismatched look - but I enjoyed it! We all enjoyed the food - very yummy. Another bonus: we got to try a new (to us) local beer. In addition to trying new & local places when we go out somewhere (compared to going to a chain restaurant) - we also enjoy trying local food + drink. Last night's new brew was a porter from Door County, WI. Thankful to have flexibility in our schedule to be able to go out on a weeknight + catch up with a friend. Not bad for a Tuesday night! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment