Wednesday, February 27

Something to consider today.

I think that everyone usually has one day in their week that is make or break. What I mean by this, is that all it can take to ruin your week or turn it into a great week is a single moment going bad or well. Which, at least for me, can be kinda frustrating when that moment turns my week into what feels like a disaster. Thankfully, this week, I my moment happened last night and turned my week into a beautiful place to be.

Every Tuesday night, I am blessed to share in faith conversations with a Young Adult community at my church. Last night, one of the things we discussed was how we would describe the hands of God - which turned into a really cool, Spirit-filled conversation.

What we talked about though, is not as important or memorable as the experience of literally hearing God work through conversation and shared stories & ideas. It occurred to me this morning that those weeks or days that seem to turn sour come more as a result of my sinfulness and lack of willingness to acknowledge how holy and amazing the work of God in my life is. What a challenge to consider that right?!


I listen to music on Spotify a lot at work - today I am listening to Artist Radio based on Gungor (look them up if you have never heard of them before, they are one of my favorites!) - anyways - Matt Redman songs have been playing almost every other song on this channel. On his most recent album he has a song called "Holy". Every word of this song was so perfect to hear today. I looked up the story behind the song and in this story he makes this statement: "As christians we need to live with the whole picture in mind!"


Personally, I don't think anyone can hear those words enough. Considering the holiness of God, the power, the love, the promise of His return...we won't ever be able to truly grasp how great those things all are, but we can know that His holiness seeps into our lives. Every day.

I pray you seek to recognize that your days and weeks are beautiful reflections of His holiness.

Love,
Kyla





No comments:

Post a Comment