Wednesday, February 13

Encouragement.

Hello February! WHAT?!
I am not quite sure how we are already 44 days in this year, but here we are. January was a busy month of traveling for me, which brought many blessings and opportunities for ministry (High School Ski Retreat & 8th Grade Retreat) and to see people I love (NADCE + Mid-year meetings for DCE Interns back at college). Because of being out of town so much though, I feel like February is coming out of no where and its kinda knocking me back a bit.

I don't know if any of you ever feel stressed or discouraged, but I would be willing to bet that I cannot alone in these feelings. Partly I know that for me, the extra stress I have been feeling as of late has to do with being out of routine - physically and spiritually. Yay for being human. One day out of routine and it just becomes that much harder to jump back into it. Thankfully, I have a forgiving fiancĂ© when I am way too cranky at the end of day and dear friends who challenge me to not settle for stress when God's word is at my fingertips.

So today, I am thankful. Simply put its great encouragement to me all the various ways God finds to show me His love daily. This does not mean all stress in my life right now has just vanished or anything, but it does mean that I can be thankful I do not face any day alone. 


I hope that if any of you reading this are experiencing stress or discouragement or whatever really, that you can be in some way encouraged today. Jump into God's word, spend time talking to a good friend over coffee, take a walk outside, breath deeply and be thankful for another day...you get the idea - know you are not alone in how you feel :)

Love,
Kyla



Coming tomorrow: A Valentine, a wedding planning update & some pictures from end of January & beginning of February adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment