Friday, April 18

Ministry, recipes, and waiting for spring.

One of the busiest times of year for those in ministry is the period of weeks leading up to Easter. In the days that lead up to Easter Sunday there are many church services, including an added event of Adam's sixth graders taking their first communion last night. Last weekend was also Confirmation Sunday for Adam's current eighth graders, so again, lots going on in ministry.

Ministry has been a little extra busy for me too in the last few weeks, not so much because of Easter since {unlike Adam} my role at my church doesn't currently involve a worship role - BUT I was given the opportunity to try and offer a summer mission trip for my youth. Now generally speaking you plan out mission trips a little earlier than April but since I only started in January and there was nothing previously planned, it meant kicking trip planning into gear at a rapid pace these last couple of weeks.

Due to time being of the essence for registering for our trip, last week was the meeting for parents + youth to find out trip details and then this week was the deadline for turning in commitment forms. I was really unsure of how the meeting went over last week and was so anxious waiting for Wednesday of this week to arrive. I was praying that at least two youth would want to go and serve this summer, but God is good and has plans bigger than my plans and He gave me fifteen students AND two parents who wanted to go on this trip!! So cool. Therefore this summer I am happy to report that I will be leading a trip to the Indianapolis Week of Hope < click this link to check it out!!!

Week of Hope is part of Group Mission Trips, an organization I worked for during the summers in college. Day after day, week after week, summer after summer - I got to see God transform the lives of the youth groups that came on these week long mission trips and it was just awesome. So as you can imagine I am STOKED to get to lead my youth to the Indianapolis site for our mission trip AND actually Adam is taking a group of his youth to the Grand Rapids, MI Week of Hope this summer and I get to help lead that too earlier in the summer. Extra cool. Thankful to know so many students who are willing to spend time serving others this summer and looking forward to both trips so much.

Because things have been busy for both of us these past few weeks, we did not do a great job of making time to go grocery shopping, that did change on Monday of this week for the record, but know that it was a big event for us to make an appearance at a grocery store, oh well. Just being honest :) Since we actually have a nice variety of food in the house, here are two meals we are eating this week to share with you:

Yes it is still cold here, it snowed on Monday of this week so at this point I am pretty much realizing we will be skipping the traditional 'spring' time of year and jumping straight to summer by the time the cold weather leaves town. However, due to Confirmation at Adam's work and a series of funerals at mine, we currently have our own taste of spring inside our apartment in the form of fresh flowers - which is honestly really nice.

Now, we are gearing up for Easter celebrations this weekend. We had a fun time shopping for Easter outfits for both of us earlier in the week and are looking forward to our first {married} Easter together! It's the little things right? :)

Check back tomorrow for downloads of some of my favorite Easter printables!

No comments:

Post a Comment