Wednesday, March 12

Joy in sharing life.

Every week as I sit down to blog, it is always amazing how much life occurs in such a short span of 7 days. Even if there is a day or 2 out of the 7 that drag on or seem long, for the most part a simple week can easily be filled to overflowing with life.

This past week held everything from one of brothers celebrating his 19th birthday, Adam's basketball team competing in the state basketball tournament, our brother-in-law finally leaving his deployment in Afghanistan to go home, and one of my best friends in the world getting engaged. Not to mention 'regular' stuff like work, small group bible study, running, grocery shopping, skyping with friends, laundry...etc. WHEW + WOW!

If you are reading this blog and know me personally at all, then you probably also know that I a LOVE being excited for other people. So as CRAZY full of life events big and small as this past week has been - it's also been really nice.


NOW. One of my best friends, Jamie, getting engaged this past weekend was such an awesome part of life to share. Adam + I were stopped at Qdoba for dinner on our way driving down to the state tournament on Friday. My phone started buzzing on the table, seeing it was Jamie, I answered and immediately heard "Kyla, I'm getting married!"

From that point in the conversation on I was instantly freaking out, crying, ecstatic, shaking...all before Adam even knew what was happening.  Forget the rest of my dinner, forget anything going on - sharing in Jamie's joy was all consuming. I couldn't be happier for her + her fiancĂ©.
Jamie is one of my oldest friends. We met on a mission trip in high school and have been growing up together ever since. I love the ways that God brings people together and her engagement and upcoming wedding will be another opportunity for us to be filled with joy over the blessings + love God has for every person.

In other joyful life news, the weather has been improving - at least enough to allow running outside.  Looking forward to adding more miles as the days keep warming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment