Tuesday, February 11

Mondays & Chinese Food.


"Enjoy today" is what I try to tell myself every time a Monday rolls around. It's too easy to get sucked into feeling sorry for ourselves on Monday the traditional day of the week for complaining. Weekend is over, work to be done, should have slept more last night...I mean I don't have to type out a longer list of potential complaints for a Monday - you could probably add a few more of your own without having too think too hard ;) 

Yesterday as I worked to have a good day + start to the week, I spent time reflecting on what I could be thankful for from the weekend & praying for the week ahead. So today, I thought I would share some of those thankful things here. I should add that nothing really remarkable happened over the weekend, most of our time was spent at high school + middle school basketball games...but that's the point, still lots to be thankful for!                                         

{Friday} I was really thankful on Friday to get caught up on our laundry. For only needing to do laundry for 2 people, it amazes me how much laundry we generate - it also always amazes me at how time consuming it can be to wash/dry/fold/put away clothes {Maybe it's just me but seriously from start to finish laundry does take time} The way our apartment is set up our washer/dryer are in a separate closet in our bedroom. At the beginning of last week it was one of those weeks where Adam started referring to our dryer as his second dresser...so I decided I should invest some time in finishing our laundry before the weekend hit. Mission accomplished, always satisfying to check something off the list!


{Saturday} We had a full day of basketball games ahead of us on Saturday. Usually on Saturday mornings we like to make a big breakfast together, so as we were hurrying to get ready to leave for basketball games starting at 9am, I was a little bummed that we would have to skip Saturday breakfast...that was until we realized we had read the games schedule wrong and the first game wasn't until 10! :) This meant we had an extra hour in our morning and since we were already awake & ready for the day - we still got to have Saturday breakfast, yay!!!


{Sunday} Church, more basketball games, + high school youth group were the main events on Sunday. After a full day I was very thankful to catch the end of the Olympics for the day + we opened a bottle of wine from Japan that Allison + John had sent us for Christmas. Good memories of our time there, can't wait for them finish their time in Okinawa this year!!!

{Monday} After our weekend was full of basketball games, we did not have a lot of spare time to make it to the grocery store which is why I was so thankful when Adam came home from work and our dinner plan was getting take-out from the local Chinese place. Maybe something ironic about eating Chinese food and watching the Olympics but oh well. So as we all look at our week ahead, I pray that you all find encouragement + motivation to not grumble or complain about whatever they hold, but instead find thankful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment