Saturday, September 29

Said yes to MY dress!


I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

One step closer to marrying Adam :) My mom is in St. Louis this weekend for a girls weekend, with the main goal being to find my dress! I had tried on dresses once before moving here to St. Louis, so I was really really excited for Mom to come out and go shopping again for my wedding dress. I won't bore you with the details of all the work that goes into trying dresses on - its a total process to get clamped into dresses - but a process that is SO completely worth and very fun and surreal to be a part of with my Mom by my side! Here is a sneak peak of our dress shopping day:

Dressing room IN an old bank vault - so fun!
This poem definitely sums up our wedding dress shopping adventure:

WEDDING DRESS POEM

Author: THERESCA ROBINS
Shes been dreaming 

'bout her wedding dress
since she was a little girl..
white with lace, and flowing,
accents made of pearl
Mother watches daughter
trying on the dresses....
her daughters now a future bride
and the older one confesses,
she sees that little girl, again..
her eyes sparkling with joy,
playing bride in bedroom sheets
and dreaming 'bout a boy....
She grew up...she met a man
who swept her off her feet..
they fell in love,he proposed to her,
and now her lifes complete...
Daughter's eyes are dancing, now..
shes found the perfect fit...
mother smiles proudly..
This one's surely it..
Daughter turns to mother
I love it-watcha think...??"
mother grins, she loves it too,
then gives the girl a wink..
And in that very moment,
mother sees the change occur,
standing, now, in front of her
a woman - not a girl

We went to 2 stores total yesterday, the second store we went to twice (ha!) Tried on one dress at the second store, which at the end of the day ended up being MY DRESS!

The store we got my dress from!
Both stores we went to, had really cool design interiors, the store we got my dress from was in the heart of downtown St. Louis. We had awesome service at both stores - lots of patient, helpful, and encouraging women working! 

Such a unique space :)

 Once I said yes to my dress [yup, you knew that was coming at some point!] - I just did not want to take it off, so they let me wear it around the store for a while as they were working on putting my dress order officially in! After the dress was officially ordered and mine and after a lengthy explanation of the timeline for when it would come in (6 months from now), and the timeline for all the fitting appointments - Mom and I spent a little time looking at dresses for her and my bridesmaids and then called it a VERY fun, successful, and exciting day!!!

...a little tired from such an exciting day!

Mom and I headed home - incredibly happy! - and stopped for a well deserved dinner, complete with raspberry mojitos. YUM. Love being a bride :) 

Can't wait for August 2, 2013 :)

1 comment: