Wednesday, June 27

Work it out.

Move to St. Louis - check.
Start work as an intern by spending the week at camp with my new church - check.
Welcome BBQ - check.


Get internet set-up in my apartment [thanks in big part to my awesome fiancé sitting on the phone with AT&T many a time] - check.
Trying to get my modem for my internet all up and running - more time consuming than one would think!

First day of work in the office? CHECK.

The start of my first day in the office as an intern

As I start my new job, especially when this past week it involved spending time simply building relationships full time for a week, I can't help but consider the word "work". Right now, it is part of so many different parts of my life: Spiritually, daily, continually, emotionally, physically....these are all things in my life that involve the word 'work' in some way.

I WORK out. Being back from camp, not moving, not overseas...etc, now means I have zero excuses to develop a new workout routine here :) Just got back from the gym literally a few minutes ago, and it felt great honestly to spend time and energy working out. Tomorrow morning - EARLY - I am going to  head over to the gym and probably get my butt kicked at a spinning class! [2 ladies from staff at church, and another friend are going to be there too, we are all so brave!] I think it will be a lot of fun...at least as fun as anything can be at 5:30 in the morning. [don't over think that time for those of you who know what I'm like in the morning please!]

Another way 'work' is in my life is that I now get to say I am going to WORK. Best part about this? (besides no more classes for right now) is that what I get to do is not just a job. My work, is focused on serving & loving others...right now especially, a lot of my 'work' is forming and building new relationships.

God is WORKING to continue to teach, shape, and mold my faith. I LOVE that some of the ways He is doing this happen as part of my 'work' day...I am currently reading Richard Foster's book Prayer - talk about a spiritual 'work out'!! [cheesy sounding? maybe. valid? yes.]

A few non-WORK things I have gotten a chance to do since getting back from camp include:

  • getting my library card!
  • a trip to The Muny which is an awesome outdoor theater here in St. Louis, a family from church took me with them to see Throughly Modern Millie this past weekend. We had a picnic beforehand and then enjoyed the show :) 
Getting ready for the show at The Muny
  • a grocery store outing, which was slightly intimidating because I have spent the last 4 years learning the layout of the grocery store by Concordia and almost had that down - now I am back to square #1 here haha
While all of the above may not sound like the greatest adventures or anything, its fun to get to explore the area I now call home! :)


This upcoming weekend I will post Adam & my engagement photos!! AHHH :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment